Our online Building Permit Inquiry site is now available.
To schedule inspections over the phone, please call 407.656.9970
Due to the concerns surrounding COVID-19 (Coronavirus), the Building Department invites you to drop off a sealed folder of documents in our newly installed physical drop-box outside the South entrance to City Hall. Should you have any questions, please call us using the phone number on your right.
Outdoor Sales & Special Events
The City Commission adopted Ordinance 09-25 on September 21, 2009. The Ordinance adopted new rules and a process pertaining to permit requests for temporary vending, outdoor sales, and related uses within the City of Winter Garden. Standards covered in the ordinance apply to:
- Food vendors
- Open-air vendors
- Outdoor special events
- Seasonal vendors
If applications meet approved criteria, requests may now be approved administratively. Temporary uses not meeting the criteria may be appealed to the City Commission.
- Open-Air Special Event on Private Property (PDF)
- Open Air Vendor Permit Application (PDF)
- Property Owner Authorization Form (PDF)
All building projects exceeding a $100 construction value require a building permit. This includes:
- Equipment installation
- Major repairs
- New construction
If you are unsure if you need a permit, contact the building department. Failure to obtain the proper permit prior to project commencement will be subject to code enforcement action and charged up to three times the regular permit fee.
- Permit fees, in general, are based on the cost of the project.
- The base fee is $30 for any project up to $1000.
- All permit applications must include a Lien Law Requirement Form (see forms site).
- Projects exceeding $2500 must include a Filed and Certified Notice of Commencement with the application.
- Applicant may be asked to show a copy of the signed proposal or contract.
- All subcontractors must be listed on the application. They will be permitted with the primary contractor and given the same permit number. This includes pools and mechanical permits when an electrician is needed.
- A Power of Attorney form will be needed from each of the licensed subcontractors listed on the permit application, i.e. electrician, plumber, etc.
Permit Status / Schedule Inspection
Questions? Please call 407-877-5136.