"We make every customer feel important and cared for, find creative solutions with a can-do attitude, and follow the Winter Garden Way."
* Ownership * Responsive * Respectful * Professional
Provide service delivery that will create service wins for both our internal and external customers.
Please click here to view and apply on-line for a current vacancy.
Fire Department Job Information: Click Here
Applications may also be completed at:
Winter Garden City Hall
300 West Plant Street
Winter Garden, FL 34787
Attn: Human Resources
Persons needing assistance or accommodation in accessing the application process should contact Human Resources at 407-656-4111.
EMPLOYMENT WITH THE CITY OF WINTER GARDEN
The City of Winter Garden offers equal employment opportunity to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability. Veteran's preference is given per State Statute on initial hire (documentation (DD214 or VA Letter of Disability) must be included with the application form).
Applicants offered employment will be subject to background investigation which may include criminal, academic, employment and credit. Additionally, those applicants offered employment will be required to successfully pass a pre-employment physical and may be required to pass a drug test.
- MEDICAL, DENTAL, AND VISION INSURANCE: Pre-tax Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plans are available to all full-time employees.
- LIFE INSURANCE: The City provides all full-time employees with Basic Life and AD&D insurance at no cost at 2 times the employee’s annual salary, up to a maximum of $200,000. Employees may also purchase Voluntary Life Insurance for themselves and their dependents.
- FLEXIBLE SPENDING ACCOUNTS (FSA): Employees may contribute to pre-tax Health Care and Dependent Care FSAs to pay eligible health and dependent care expenses.
- SHORT TERM DISABILITY: Pre-tax, employee-paid short term disability coverage is available to all full-time employees.
- LONG TERM DISABILITY: The City provides all full-time employees with Long-Term Disability coverage at no cost to the employee.
- RETIREMENT: The City has a retirement plan that vests after 5 years of service for General employees and after 6 years of service for Police Officers and Firefighters. A deferred compensation option is also available.
- EDUCATIONAL REIMBURSEMENT: Employees are eligible for educational assistance related to ongoing education at commissioned colleges and universities.
- HOLIDAYS: All full-time employees receive 9 paid Holidays and 1 Personal day per year.
- SICK LEAVE: All regular full-time employees are eligible to accrue Sick Leave.
- VACATION: All regular full-time and part-time employees are eligible to accrue Vacation Leave. (Note that regular part-time employees’ Vacation Leave is prorated based on hours worked.)
- CLOTHING ALLOWANCE ($200 ANNUALLY) OR UNIFORMS SUPPLIED