- Feature Links
- COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Governor’s Executive Order Eliminates all COVID-19 Restrictions and Mandates
On May 3, 2021, Governor Ron DeSantis, issued Executive Order 21-102 eliminating all local COVID-19 restrictions and mandates on individuals and businesses, effective immediately. This Executive Order supersedes any existing emergency order or ordinance issued by a county or municipality that imposes restrictions or mandates upon businesses or individuals due to the COVID-19 emergency.
City Government and Operations*
The City has been working to serve you through the COVID-19 pandemic and will continue to do so. All City offices are open to the public.
The City has resumed in-person meetings. In the event you are unable to attend, there may be an option to listen remotely via GoTo Webinar. Please check the individual meetings here to see if this an option for the meeting you would like to attend.
Our Utility Billing payment office hours are M-F, 7:30 am - 5:30 pm. Please continue to utilize our drop-boxes, pay-by-phone system (407-656-5437), or online payment system at your convenience. Remember, the City will never ask for your credit card information over the phone.
Parks & Recreation Programs*
- All Parks and Recreation programming has resumed normal operations and programs no longer have reduced capacity.
- Rental Venues (Tanner Hall, Little Hall and Jesse Brock Community Center) are operating at full capacity and are available to reserve/rent. Pavilions at specific parks are available to reserve/rent .
- Athletic Fields are open and operating under normal policy.
- All playgrounds are open.
- Downtown Interactive Fountain (Splash Pad) is open 9am-9pm daily.
- 4th of July
- Fireworks will take place at 9:15pm and Newton Park. (Fireworks only – no vendors or other activities)
- All American Kids Parade, Plant Street 10:00 am, Step off from Masonic Lodge
Please contact the Parks & Recreation office at 407-656-4155 to make a reservation or for additional information.
As of July 2, 2021, City sponsored events will resume. This includes the weekly Friday’s on the Plaza, 7:00-9:00 pm, at Centennial Plaza.
The Farmers Market is open every Saturday from 8:00 am to 1:00 pm. Hand-washing and hand-sanitizer stations are available for use throughout the market. As of May 2021, all of the vendors have returned to the market.
*The risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Accordingly, we cannot guarantee that any City of Winter Garden facilities you may visit or equipment you may use is free of the COVID-19 virus.
We encourage all individuals to take precautions by following CDC guidelines that can be found here. Link is https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.htm
Find the Latest Info
We encourage you to stay informed by following the CDC and Florida Department of Health websites and social media accounts. There you will find new information, frequently asked questions and the current status of cases nationwide.